Sunday, September 5, 2010

Wok Experience

I fried the promfet fish and mini pork belly using the Scanpan. It's a non stick pan without the PFOA. I didn't manage to achieve the crispy skin on the fish and the pork skin but both didn't stick to the pan. Easy to dislodge them from the pan. Reason is I used just enough oil to cover the base of the pan and I used medium heat. According to the Scanpan promoter, I need to used more oil but keep to the medium heat to achieve the crispy skin.

I also tried frying the Batang Fish fillet with skin using Silit pan. The fish skin stick to the pan. Next time I have to dry the fish further before frying it and wait for the oil to be hotter while still keeping to the low to medium heat.

The guideline is : Use low to medium heat for all types of pans and wok except for cast iron and carbon iron. The latter 2 can take high heat but need more oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment