Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Right Wok Size

After talking to the different wok sellers, I found that the best wok size for home use is between 28 cm to 36 cm (14 inch). Unless you have a big family, sizes 14 inches upward are usually for commercial use. 28 cm are usually available in pan but pans are a bit too shallow for stir fry. Silit has a 28 cm wok but it is out of stock now. 30 cm to 32 cm wok are good size to stir fry dishes for a family of 6 but they are a bit small to stir fry noodles or fried rice. I think, if I plan to get 2 woks, I shall get one 36 cm and one 30 cm (but for my choice brand I can settle for a 28 cm). Both wok would be Silit brand because I can fry and serve with the wok. The wok would look good in the kitchen and on the table. Since Silit woks are so pricey, I can only go for one wok. We like fried noodle, fried rice, chap chai, curry vegetable. So maybe I have to go for the 36 cm if I am buying one only. But smaller size is great for everyday use... smaller footprint..easier to wash and lighter. I am still thinking....

No comments:

Post a Comment