Friday, August 27, 2010

Big Kitchen


I love to have a big kitchen. Like the gourmet kitchens featured in magazines and cooking shows. Big enough to accommodate all the appliances - oven, microwave, stove, big size refrigerator, dish washer, professional cake mixer, blender, food processor, rice cooker, pro coffee maker, slow speed juicer and slow cooker. Enough closets space for the pantry, my wide range of pots ,pans, pressure cookers, steamers and woks. Counter top cleared of clutters and an island for food preparation. I need a table with 5 or 6 chairs too. Something like our Colchester kitchen but slightly bigger. Colchester kitchen was 10 ft wide around 15 ft length. Therefore Ideally my big kitchen should be at least 15 ft by 20 ft. I also need it to be at the right sector of the house and stove conforming to feng shui. Wet kitchen is also needed. This shall be a small area link but separate from the main kitchen mainly for the frying and oily cooking.

My current kitchen is reasonable size by local standard but can't fit in my island , table, dishwasher. Fortunately, I'v a wet kitchen at the backyard. Architects allocate small space for kitchen in our local houses. They seem to think that woman of the house doesn't cook due to the readily available hawker food, reasonable restaurant prices and that cooking is the housemaids' responsibility.

6 years in this house, I am still thinking how to reconfigure my current kitchen into my ideal kitchen. Maybe I should check out the Korean and Japanese Kitchens to get inspiration on a small, efficient and inviting kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment