Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Silit & Buffalo Wok

Did one of my favourite activity today. Researching and comparing the Silit silargan wok and the buffalo 5 ply stainless wok. The Buffalo's promoter promised that his buffalo 5 ply wok will not stick and fish can slide in the wok while being fried. Burnt food can be easily wash off using a little vinegar mix with water. I am impressed. I like to have this stainless wok but having second thought because all the stainless steel pans I have are not friendly for frying. Food stick and pans turn brown when heat is too high.

I have Silit silargan pressure cookers and a small Silit pot and I am absolutely satisfied with them. When I fry the meat using the pot before stewing, the meat doesn't glue to the pot. Stew cooks a lot faster even using the silit pot and a regular cover. I find stew and soup cooked with silit pressure cooker taste more like those cooked using clay pots and definitely more flavorful than food cooked in the WMF stainless steel pressure cooker. Based on the outcome of my research Silit Silargan would be the better choice. Drawbacks are the wok and the glass cover are heavier than the Buffalo wok. The glass cover also require more care to prevent breakage. This wok is also too beautiful to be used for frying crabs. Nevertheless, before I purchase it, I need to check if I have a space for the new Silit wok plus wait for the sale at Takashimaya.

No comments:

Post a Comment